2018 FALL DATES AND TIMES
- Sunday Afternoons at Bill Moore Community Park (Fletcher Park)
- SEPTEMBER 30 thru NOVEMBER 11
- 1:00-2:30 p.m. Beginner Clinics & Intermediate Clinics
- 3:00-4:30 p.m. Advanced Clinic & High School Clinic
REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY OPEN. PLEASE REGISTER TODAY.
SPECIAL NOTE TO ADVANCED PLAYERS: If you intend to play travel ball, you will not be able to play in any Empire clinics due to conflicting practice times.
Getting its start in the Fall of 2013 with some 20 players, Empire’s Fall Ball Clinics have grown to over 110 participants. This is our traditional Fall Ball program and recommended for players of ALL levels.
IN FALL 2018, THE FORMAT OF OUR CLINICS WILL RUN A BIT DIFFERENT FROM YEARS PAST:
We will have SEPARATE clinics for our BEGINNERS and INTERMEDIATE players.
- BEGINNERS: This clinic will be open to players in grades 2 through 6.
- There will be ONLY TWO (2) weeks of instruction WITHOUT helmets and pads.
- Empire will have helmets and pads available for rental. Players may rent helmets and pads on a weekly basis or for the duration of the program. Based on availability only.
- Empire recommends that players purchase their own lacrosse stick by week 2 or week 3.
- INTERMEDIATE I: This level will be open to players in grades 3 through 5 who have played on a boys team or boys lacrosse program for at least one full season. Players will need to have their own helmet/equipment/gear from week 1.
- Depending on size, some 5th graders may be placed on this Class II level.
- INTERMEDIATE II: This level will be open to players in grades 6 through 8 who have played on a boys team or boys lacrosse program for at least one full season. Players will need to have their own helmet/equipment/gear from week 1.
- Depending on stick skills and LAX IQ, some Intermediate II players may be assessed to play at the Advanced level.
- ADVANCED: Placement in this clinic will be determined by coaches after the first meeting on September 30.
- Advanced clinic is for players in grades 6 through 8.
- After week 1 evaluations, coaches will determine player placement (ie, some players may move to intermediate for safety reasons).
- If there are sufficient number of players at this level, multiple groups may be formed.
- HIGH SCHOOL: This clinic will be open to boys of ALL SKILL LEVELS, grades 9 through 12. We recommend all athletes in this age group to attend this clinic.
- This is a new clinic for Fall 2018.
- Asheville Empire will have a Varsity team in Spring 2019 and this is a great way for our players to sharpen their stick skills and reconnect with their teammates on Sunday afternoons.
- With the official formation of a Varsity Lacrosse team at TC Roberson (Spring 2019 start) and Cougar Club Lacrosse team at Asheville High School (Spring 2019 start), this clinic would be a perfect way to introduce the sport to all athletes in order to tryout in the Winter months.
- Again, this clinic is open to high school boys of ALL skill levels – beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Beginners are able to learn the game from the ground up. They will learn all the fundamentals of lacrosse from the inventors of the game, the basic principles of the game including throwing, catching, scooping and scoring. hey will start to learn the meaning behind the saying “play with intention”.
- Intermediate sessions will consist of high-tempo drills designed to further develop the fundamental skills and team concepts of lacrosse, including passing, catching, scooping, and shooting.
- Advanced laxers, will reconnect with their sport (and teammates) and further develop positional skills in a competitive environment. Coaches will maintain controlled contact with an emphasis on game speed, transition skills, quality offensive possessions, and multiple defensive techniques.