Getting its start in the Fall of 2013 with some 20 players, Empire’s Fall Ball Clinics have grown to over 110 participants. This is our traditional Fall Ball program and recommended for players of ALL levels.
In Fall 2018, the format of our clinics will run a bit different from years past:
- We will have separate clinics for our beginners and intermediate players.
- Beginners will be open to players in grades 2 through 6, with two weeks of instruction without helmets and pads.
- Intermediate I level will be open to players in grades 3 through 5.
- Intermediate II level will be open to players in grades 6 through 8.
- Advanced clinic placement will be determined by coaches after Week 1 evaluations. Advanced clinic is for players in grades 6 through 8.
- New in 2018, we are introducing our high school clinic which will be open to boys of ALL SKILL LEVELS, grades 9 through 12.
All clinics will take place on Sunday afternoons at Fletcher Park, running for seven weeks from late-September to early-November. Beginners are able to learn the game from the ground up, while our intermediate sessions will consist of high-tempo drills designed to further develop the fundamental skills and team concepts of lacrosse, including passing, catching, scooping, and shooting.
For our advanced laxers, Fall is a great time for players to reconnect with their team and further develop positional skills in a competitive environment. Coaches will maintain controlled contact with an emphasis on game speed, transition skills, quality offensive possessions, and multiple defensive techniques.